Administrator: Thomas Zelmanovits
Sexton: Noson Kahler
Tel: +44 (0)20 8202 3903 Fax: +44 (0) 20 8203 0610
Out of hours answerphone: +44 (0)20 8202 3903
We are in the process of evaluating a new burial search facility. Please click here to search for a grave in the Federation burial records.
To give us your feedback on the search facility - click here
CEMETERIES (for directions click here)
Edmonton Montagu Road, Edmonton, London N18 2NF
Tel: +44 (0)20 8807 2268 Foreman: Paul Beasley Tel: +44 (0)20 8807 2268
For a map of Edmonton Cemetery click here
Rainham 416 Upminster Road North, Rainham, Essex RM13 9SB Tel: +44 (0) 1708 552825
Superintendant: Rev M Brown and Foreman: Mark Stonely Tel: +44 (0)1708 552 825 Mobile: 07960 349 382
For a map of Rainham Cemetery click here
During the winter months both cemeteries are open daily except Shabbos and Yom Tov from 9am until two hours before dusk. On Fridays both cemeteries close at 1pm. Please telephone the cemeteries above before visiting for exact closing time. During British Summer Time the cemeteries are open until 5pm and during the month of Ellul until 6pm.
Visitors are kindly requested to arrive no later than 30 minutes before the gates close.
DIRECTIONS TO EDMONTON CEMETERY
* Take A406 towards Edmonton, leaving at junction with A1055 (signposted Brimstown, Tottenham)
* Join A1055, which leads to Montagu Road.
* At next traffic lights veer left to continue onto Montagu Road (signposted Edmonton Green).
* Cemetery entrance is approx. 500 metres on the left in Montagu Road.
* Note: Please take second entrance on the left in Montagu Road marked Federation Edmonton Cemetery as the first entrance leads into the Western Cemetery.
* Take National Rail or Victoria Line to Tottenham Hale Station.
* Take 192 bus (Stop U) towards Enfield, alighting at Jeremys Green.
* Turn right and walk approximately 50 yards.
* The Federation Cemetery is on the left hand side.
DIRECTIONS TO RAINHAM CEMETERY
Roads - VIA A406
* A406 eastwards (towards New Southgate and Edmonton).
* At Edmonton continue through underpass through Walthamstow to Woodford.
* At Woodford A406 runs alongside M11. Keep to far right lane remaining on the A406.
* Leave A406 at junction with A13 (signposted Dagenham, Tilbury, Southend).
* Join A13 (eastwards). Continue following the A13 sign (not Movers Lane) through the underpass and continue over the flyover.
* After flyover move into nearside lane and follow signs to
Dagenham and Hornchurch.
* At slip road join A1306 until you reach small roundabout.
* Continue on A1306 past Ford Dagenham to large roundabout (Ignore signs to Rainham).
* Over roundabout continue on A1306 signposted Purfleet.
* After approx 1 mile at traffic lights (Chandlers Corner) turn left into Upminster Road North.
* Continue for 1 mile until you reach reduced width barriers.
* Turn right directly after the width barriers in Upminster Road North where the cemetery is situated.
Roads - VIA M25
* Proceeding in a clockwise direction leave M25 at Junction 30 and bear LEFT (South) onto ramp signposted A13/A1090/A1306 Dagenham/Thurrock (Lakeside)/Tilbury.
* At roundabout take the SECOND exit signposted to Dagenham for 0.1 miles.
* Exit roundabout onto A13 signposted to Dagenham/Rainham (going WEST) for 0.6 miles.
* At roundabout take the FOURTH exit and proceed for 0.2 miles.
* Exit roundabout onto A13 (Arterial Road Purfleet) for 3.9 miles.
* At traffic lights turn RIGHT into Upminster Road North.
* The cemetery is 1 mile on the right.
* District / Hammersmith & City Lines, London Overground or Network Rail to Barking
* Then take the 287 bus (towards Rainham - Abbey Wood Lane) which runs every 15 minutes on Mondays to Fridays and every 30 minutes on Sundays.
* Ask the bus driver for the stop nearest to the Jewish Cemetery in Upminster Road North.
Please be aware that engineering works often affect public transport, especially on Sundays and Public Holidays. Visitors are strongly advised to contact Transport for London on 0843 222 1234 or www.tfl.gov.uk for up to date travel advice before setting off on their journey.
For alternative routes please contact Burial Society on 020 8202 3903